So, from L to R, that would be me, Kay, Suzanne, Bibby, Marie, Camille - Birthday Girl, Cindy, Ginger, Jan and there would be Darlene but she took the picture. All, knitters from the local area, how cool is that. Suzanne, was the new girl, she teaches at a LYS, March and April she is teaching Lace and Fair Isle. I am going to take the Lace class. We will make a Lace Dishcloth. It was loads of fun. I am going to miss going knitting with the girls next week.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Yep, my knitting has changed to match the season. See post below, I just finished a blanket, scarf, fingerless gloves, I have two hats on the needles. The yarn, I still use cotton for dishcloths and have cotton on the needles for a hat, but the other hat is Wool.
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Here is the scarf for my niece being modelled by one of our neighbors the boys play with. I have 2 more nieces and have to make theirs. They were not Christmas, they were lets see Aunt Holly knitting and want a scarf.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
1. Do you knit crochet or do both? I do both
2. What type of needles or hooks do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? I use metal hooks and I use bamboo or wooden needles. Usually straights.
3. What type of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any you have been wanting to try? I use the Peaches and Cream, Sugars and Cream, Cotton Ease, Bernat Cotton and TLC cotton. I would love to try the Cotlin from Knitpicks.
4. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in? We are in the process of redoing the entire house, one room at a time. Kitchen - gold, reds, sage green. Bath - Golds, red. Other Bath - sage green
5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite? I like just about any color other than orange, black and yellow. Orange has its purpose at halloween. My favorite colors are pink and teal.
6. Do you like winter or do you count the days until it ends? I like winter. I like for it to get cold. Our winters goes something like this, Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold. Hot meaning 80's and Cold in the 20's, anywhere from 1 week to 2. I would like a solid cold with SNOW! My dear pal if you could please arrange for some snow, it would Defeat any Doldrum I could possibly have and you would be the best pal on the face of this earth. I do count the days until it is daylight savings time changes again.
7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you are down in the dumps? Do nothing but sit and knit or crochet with a cup of hot tea.
8. What is your favorite treat to indulge yourself in when you are down in the dumps? Something hot and just junk food. Chocolate
9. Do you drink coffee? tea? cocoa? I drink all 3
10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do? I would go to the moutains, where there is snow, or I would jump a plane and go visit my sister in Tacoma, Wa.. I would let her know this time, and would want to have my passport to go to Victoria, Canada. Get a cottage on the lake, with the snow cap view of the mountains behind the lake. Cook meals, sit around knit and take in all the little shops.
11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of? Nope
Sunday, January 6, 2008
I need to mention that there is several contest going on.
There is the pre-sign up contest for the Defeat the Winter Doldrums Dishcloth Swap, that I am hosting with my friend Anne. I didn't get enough of her in the Winter Wonderland Coffee Swap and didn't won't her to have to go at it alone, then she would know who would be spoiling her. So, go on over there and check it out.
Speaking of my friend Anne, go on over to her blog and enter into her Blogiversary Contest, that Anne and her wonderful sister Tina is having to celebrate their 1 Year at blogging together. Their blog is wonderful. Anne's Sunday Bloglines that lead to some other wonderful bloggers and Tina's going ons in Alaska with the family.
Friender is hosting a 99th post contest, she couldn't wait for the 100th post.
Last but not least Sharon before she got so sick posted a 2 year Blogiversary contest. You could probably sneak a entry in their.
Well, if you are in the need for some yarn for your stash, here is a few ways to win.
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk or water? From homemade recipe or store bought? In a tea cup or a big mug? I like to prepare my cocoa with fat free milk or water if I am desparate. Homemade ones are good, but mostly store bought. I fix my cup of cocoa in a big sturdy mug.
2. Marshmallows or Whip Cream?
Sometimes I use marshmallows and other times I use whip cream. I would love to try gourmet marshmallows - flavored ones. Cinnamon, peppermint, caramel or anything that would go good in hot chocolate.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn and in what color?
I have came a long way since last year when I began a love for yarn. I just in the last few months started looking at yarns that could make me a yarn snob. I like wool, cashmere, silk blends. I use cotton for my dishcloths. I am taking my first sock class in a couple of weeks and hope that once I accomplish 1 sock, that it will strike a new hint of love. However, everything has a purpose I use acrylics as well. As for color I like bright colors: pink, purple, turquoise, blues and greens. I am not a big fan of orange.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I knit and Crochet
3. What is your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I like wood/bamboo. I use straight, dpn's and circulars. Metal hooks.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I have a good supply of notions - stitchmarkers, row counter, gauge measures. I would love a lantern moon sheep tape measure from Paradise Fibers
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting/crocheting habit (outside yarn)?
I haven't broke down and bought a crochet hook holders/ or grippers for my crochet hooks.
6. What is your favorite quick knit/crochet pattern (quick gratification)
dishcloths, baby booties and baby hats, Mandy's candy bag
1. What is your favorite thing to do in Winter?
Stay inside, Knit, crochet and sip something hot. I don't like to be cold.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Turtles and whales
3. Do you get the winter blahs?
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Just stay busy with kids and everyday life.
5. What is the one thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
The warm weather, taking the kids to the park. Grilling meals.
6. What are your favorite treats?
I like chocolate, biscotti to dip in my hot drinks, and I have taken up with smores lately. Physical treats - massage, manicure, and pedicure. Going to the movies or to see a show at the Alabama Theatre.
7. What is your favorite board game?
I like to play sorry with the kids, monopoly, uno, domino's
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
I have 2 sons - Oldest 8 and youngest 7.
9. Do you have any allergies or considerations your pal should know about?
Let the swapping begin!