1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? I do both
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of? I enjoy hats and scarfs. I like Misti Alpaca for scarfs and Berocco Jasper for boy hats.
I don't knit just one thing, my attention span will let me focust on one project but the next will be something different, say if I am working on a sweater, the next might be a shawl, socks but something else.
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I enjoy Bamboo Straights and Metal Circs and do not like DPN's.
I seem to be short in the area of the size 8 and above circs.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? I have the Simply Square Vest for my sister, just a few rows of Eiffel, Scarf, and Spring Forward Socks.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try? Every yarn has its place. I am not a fan of Homespun or anything that bunches as you make a stitch. I like wool/bamboo/silk, not too picky.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I am not a fan of bright yellow, or orange unless its fall. Browns need to usually be matched with something, I like Variegated blues, and muted colors are good. I also like pink, but I have alot of pink yarn and need to start different colors to my stash.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? I have many stitch markers, and probably need another case for them. I have a yarn cutter, and you can't ever have enough needles.
I guess if I need anything, it would be stitch holders, cable needle, and I would like a Chibi.
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? I was in this swap last year and I was paired with Cathy, she sent me Cadbury Hot Cocoa and left me wanting more. I sent my co-hostess Starbucks melting Chocolate and never got to try it, but would love to.
Packets are nice for work and homemade is always good.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Marshmallows
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’ If it is plain Cocoa then I like to add a peppermint stick or sometimes flavor creamer.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? Just winter months
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? I like hazelnut, vanilla, cinnamon, irish cream, but plain is good too.
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Peppermint Mocha Twist with half White/Dark. The salted Caramel from Starbucks is good.
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it? Thick mug. I would be sitting on the couch watching a good movie with my knitting, but looking to the future it will be with my nursing books in hand.
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? I like biscotti.
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? No not really
2. Do you collect anything? Thick good mugs. Yarn, but you knew that, right?
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? Staying warm and staying inside. I like when there is a fire in the fireplace.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? I like homey scents for the house, pumpkin spice, apple cider, citrus for hand soap, but not a big fan of body scents.
5. Are you allergic to anything? No not that pertains to swapping
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? hollyw
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Curled up on the sofa with a movie and hot cocoa or tea with knitting in hand.
8. What’s your favorite animal? My dog Max.